Full time
£20,883 - £40,038

Apply by
11:55 pm


Working in our Building Control Partnership you will be part of a welcoming and supportive team.

You will be responsible for your own area, checking plans and carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations, developing and maintaining relationships with our clients. The successful candidate should have Building Control experience, a good technical knowledge and ideally be RICS or CABE qualified with a proven track record of dealing with both residential and commercial properties.

If you have a positive approach to team working and service delivery this is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and make a real impact in improving our services. You will be required to travel throughout both districts responding to reports of dangerous structures and will receive an essential car user and an out of hours dangerous structures allowance.

For an informal discussion about this role please contact Richard Alfieri, Building Control Partnership Team Leader by emailing richard.alfieri@sevenoaks.gov.uk 


To examine plans deposited or building notices considered under the Building Regulations and associated administrative duties.

To carry out inspections of building works to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and allied legislation and associated administration and keeping of records.

To secure fee income and determine appropriate fees.  

To control dangerous structures and dilapidated buildings and structures including participation in the out of hours emergency call out service.

To control demolitions.

To assist in effectively marketing the building control service.

To effectively liaise with architects, surveyors, developers and consultants.  




Essential qualifications/skills
Relevant Building Control qualification
Desirable qualifications/skills
Understanding of the working arrangements and links to Government agencies and other statutory and voluntary organisations / Experience of working successfully within a Local Authority or Commercial Sector Building Control
Further information

Essential car user allowance, out of hours emergency call out payment, easy parking, generous annual leave entitlement.